1. What is StreetPrint™?
StreetPrint Pavement Texturing™ is a patented decorative paving system that uses specially designed templates to imprint asphalt, and a proprietary surfacing system called StreetBond™ to color and fortify the surface. The result is a decorative paving system that replicates the appearance of hand-laid brick.
2. Where can I get it?
StreetPrint Pavement Texturing™ is installed by The Original Driveway Design, your Twin Cities local Master Installer Applicator.
3. How much does it cost?
The cost to install StreetPrint™ varies depending upon the thickness of asphalt required, the amount of preparation required, size of the project, StreetPrint™ pattern and trim package chosen. In North America StreetPrint™ generally costs less than other products offering a similar look.
4. How long does it last?
StreetBond coatings are designed to wear with the grace and realism common to concrete brick pavers. The cement component of StreetBond, combined with the color pigments, provides for a realistic brick-like appearance. The coating is fade resistant and helps to repel harmful UV rays. As with all decorative paving systems there will be some wear over time. Wear Rate We have identified the following conditions which result in increased wear rates for StreetBond coatings:
- Opening the StreetBonded surface up to traffic before the coating has completed its initial curing time.
- Excessive traffic abuse (i.e. turning, stopping, accelerating).
- Sand or other abrasive materials on the surface.
- Studded snow tires.
- Constant and prolonged exposure to water (i.e. poor drainage).
- Application on very coarse asphalt which results in excessive flow off the tops of the stones leaving a very low build thickness on the wearing points.
5. Why use StreetPrint™ as an alternative to concrete or brick pavers?
- StreetPrint™ can be installed very quickly with relatively little disruption, so it is usually much less costly and disruptive than concrete alternatives.
- StreetPrint™ uses asphalt as its base. Asphalt is a flexible surface that is more likely to accept shifting due to weather extremes and can resist cracking commonly associated with other paving systems.
- Vehicle braking/accelerating and steering will not shift or break StreetPrint™, as often happens with brick pavers. StreetPrint™ is very easy to patch, virtually invisible.
6. Can I use it as driveway, patio, or sidewalk?
StreetPrint™ can be used wherever a normal asphalt system is used. However, please discuss this with one of our design consultants to be sure StreetPrint™ is suitable in your situation.
7. What about weeds?
StreetPrint™ is a continuous surface and its protective surfacing system does not support organic materials, so the weed growth seen with hand laid products is not a problem with StreetPrint™
8. Is StreetPrint™ guaranteed?
The Original Driveway Design warrants your StreetPrint™ Textured Pavement surface against any surface defects that result from inferior materials or workmanship for a period of three (3) years from the date of application. The StreetPrint™ warranty does not cover damage caused by impact or exposure or contact with any foreign substance or any other mistreatment of the paved surface. The warranty excludes any chipping, spawling, or cracking of imprinted patterns, fading of color, scuffs caused by tires or other equipment, cracking caused by sub-surface ground conditions and all other normal wear and tear.
9. What is the StreetBond™ Surfacing System?
StreetBond™ is the surfacing system used with StreetPrint™ Pavement Texturing to color and fortify the surface. When cured, StreetBond™ is an Interpenetrating Network (IPN) which means that, like composite materials or alloys, it is able to produce properties that significantly exceed those of a single component system. StreetBond™ combines a polymer and cement technologies to achieve an exceptional combination of durability.
10. Is it environmentally friendly?
The StreetPrint™ Surfacing System uses a coating system known as StreetBond™. StreetBond™ is a water based environmentally friendly product.
11. Will it fade?
The coating is fade resistant and helps to repel harmful UV rays. As with all decorative paving systems, there will be some wear over time. Unlike other decorative paving systems the color of your StreetPrint™ work can be rejuvenated or changed as frequently as you would like, at a fraction of the initial installation cost.
12. Is it slippery?
StreetPrint™ is less slippery than decorative concrete and is therefore safer for pedestrians.
13. How does it hold up in winter?
The pattern in StreetPrint™ speeds drying of the surface which makes ice formation less likely.
StreetPrint™ is made from materials which are unaffected by salt and therefore will not spawl from de-icing salts and weathering.
StreetPrint™ is a monolithic surface with no trip points, therefore potential damage created by snowplows is rare. Any snowplowing should be done using a rubber guard.
This contrasts with hand laid bricks that can be installed at an uneven height or can shift through freeze/thaw or water penetration, creating a plow hazard and a trip point safety hazard.
14. What maintenance is required?
Periodic cleaning and removal of foreign contaminants is desirable to reduce wear. Recoating may eventually be required to maintain a specific look.
15. Can I clean it? With what?
Try to ensure that the area is flushed with water regularly to remove any abrasive materials (i.e., sand/dirt). Use a low pressure, high volume rinse. Abrasive materials on the surface can decrease the life of the coatings. StreetPrint™ is resistant to oil, grease and gas, however, it is advisable to remove any spots as soon as possible. Use a mild degreaser, such as “Simple Green”, scrub the area with a stiff broom or brush, and follow with a high volume, low-pressure rinse. Note: Pressure washing is not recommended.
16. Can I buy the coating myself?
StreetPrint Pavement Texturing™ is a proprietary product installed by a network of Authorized Applicators throughout North America and around the globe. As such, the coatings are sold to, and must be installed by Authorized StreetPrint Applicators.
The difference between the ordinary and extraordinary!
Contact us for a free estimate:(763) 559-9004